MultiScatter doesn`t update viewport with Animated Distribution Geometry

anthonyhicks

MultiScatter doesn`t update viewport with Animated Distribution Geometry

Post by anthonyhicks »

Hi Anvar,

I`m using a MScatter on an animated distribution object (animated Position only) but it doesn`t update in the viewport, the Scatter just stays wherever it was animated last. Animated Mesh preview is ticked on (although I thought that was for animated Scatter objects rather than distribution objects). It seems to render correctly at least. Bug maybe, User error (possibly) ?
This happens for objects with animated movement/rotation etc and also for animated modifiers like wave etc

Edit: I noticed this after trying 2 different cases. One was an animated mesh object to limit Grass Scatters to areas of interest by animating the Distribution mesh around the scene. The other was an animated plane with a wave modifier, assume other modifiers behave the same.

Also A feature request.. I was wondering if we could have a `By Map` option for the Move Offset ? I had a case where it would have been useful to be able to control the Move offset based on a image/map to allow animation like a wave or pulse etc. Like a Pin Art board.
I could probably do it via a mesh with a displacement map but this might be an interesting addition too.
It would probably need individual toggles to be able to control each axis separately so I don`t know how much work that would be !

Cheers
Anthony
anthonyhicks

Re: MultiScatter doesn`t update viewport with Animated Distribution Geometry

Post by anthonyhicks »

I`ll send an example to show this as well a bit later if you need..
thanks